WORKING FOR WOOLWORTHS
Working at Woolies is not just about a job; it’s about doing work that matters. We believe our people are the reason for our success. Having the right people helps us to be better at what we do. We celebrate, support and thrive on diversity within an environment that is creative, collaborative, challenging and dynamic.
At Woolies we offer a unique blend of food, fashion, beauty and homeware. Our vision is to be our customers favourite retail brand and together with our 32 000 strong team at Woolworths SA we are committed and driven to transform this vision into reality.
ABOUT THE WHL GROUP
The Group consists of three trading divisions, Woolworths South Africa (Woolworths or WSA), David Jones (DJ), and Country Road Group (CRG). Woolworths Financial Services Proprietary Limited (WFS) is a joint venture with Absa Bank,which holds the controlling interest.
Our Purpose is the reason why what we do matters. We can only achieve our vision by collectively creating the same magical and memorable experience for our people and our customers. We do this by living our values.
Our values are the heart and soul of Woolworths and together they guide the decisions we make, the things we do, and the way we behave towards each other, our customers and our suppliers. For us, it’s about doing the right things in the right way.
Advert reference: woolw_000189
Advert status: Online
Apply by: 15 December 2021
Industry: FMCG & Supply Management
Job category: FMCG, Retail, Wholesale and Supply Chain
Location: Cape Town
Remuneration: Market Related
The merchandiser manages the on-site product merchandising to ensure navigation, faceting and product pages help to convert customers. The merchandiser needs to build strong relationships with the relevant business stakeholders including the buyers & buyer’s assistants.
Manage Merchandising Process:
- Manage the merchandising process from samples requests to final linking of products
- Working with the lead merchandiser to ensure the category logic & faceting is consistent and provides the best customer experience
- Ensure shop navigation remains relevant and up to date with business changes
- Ensure that all merchandised garment are in line with the style guide & copy is well written and doings its best to describe the garments unique selling points
- Keep an eye on national and international competitors and identify opportunities for potential improvements which will increase customer conversion
- Ensure all size guides are up to date
- Ensure product information is accurately aligned to Buying interface system – PLM
- Ensure all hero & alternative images are loaded correctly against relevant style & colour online. To proactively liaise with studio and raise any prospective issues
Manage Visibility Metrics:
- Ensure 100% online visibility of all ranges
- Ensure 100% online visibility of all top sellers – including stores
- Work with lead merchandisers and sample team on a weekly basis to request/track samples and raise any prospective issues
- Build & fill weekly baskets as requested by lead merchandiser
- Re-order baskets with direction from lead merchandiser
- Check your baskets are working in staging
- Ensure all relevant product is accurately cross-merchandised and updated regularly
- Fill promotional baskets using authorization sheets as requested by lead merchandisers
- Testing promotions once live and ensuring all facets / categorization is displaying
- Providing weekly files exports on basket for sales analysis by lead merchandiser
Customer Call Centre Queries:
- Manage customer call centre queries as directed with relevant parties
- A relevant tertiary qualification would be advantageous
- A minimum of 1 year of merchandise or retail experience
- Knowledge of Clothing Planning or Buying systems an advantage
- Computer literacy – knowledge of website design an advantage
- Competent in Excel
- Commercial awareness
- Assertive and able to communicate effectively
- Planning and Organizing ability
- Analytical skills
- High attention to detail
Woolworths is an equal employment opportunity company that is committed to inclusion and diversity