We are a business with over 142 000 employees, thousands of stores and a network of distribution centres across Africa. We serve local communities with the lowest price promise. Over 24 million people shop in our footprint of more than 2 913 stores every day.
Careers at the Shoprite Group
The Shoprite Group is the largest private sector employer in South Africa and a leading employer in Africa. We believe our employees are key to our success. We focus on attracting, developing and retaining a loyal and committed workforce, dedicated to the Group’s culture and organisational objectives.
Work at our stores
A wide range of store-environment positions are also available in our operations, including food, furniture, financial and cellular retailing. To apply send a WhatsApp message to 0872405709 and select Job Opportunities below.
Being Part of the Shoprite Team
At Shoprite, we take pride in being an innovative, job-creating company with a strong hire-to-retire model, and we work hard to attract, retain and reward our employees. The Group employs over 142 000 employees across the African continent and our workforce consists of a diverse group of people.
We believe in the value of lifelong learning and enabling people to reach their full potential, which is why we’re invested in providing training and upskilling opportunities to our employees through our e-learning programmes and other opportunities.
Purpose of the Job
• We are seeking an individual who has experience in managing a Meat Market against quality and production standards.
The role requires to perform peoples management functions, to ensure product and stock availability through effective planning and taking responsibility for all quality control activities, administrative functions and all Hygiene and Safety measurements.
Job Advert Details
Job Category Retail
• To perform management Functions in the meat market
• To ensure client satisfaction of all Meat Market customers
• To ensure product and stock availability through effective planning
• To take responsibility for all quality control activities in the Meat Market • To manage the administrative functions within the Meat Markets
• To perform stock management functions of the Meat Market
• To manage all hygiene and safety activities of the Meat Market
• To conduct various ad-hoc responsibilities to assist the team.
Qualifications Grade 12 Desirable
• Experience in a similar position
• Meat Industry Experience
Knowledge and Skills Essential:
• Knowledge of Meat Market Hygiene and Safety Standards
• Knowledge of Meat cuts/products.