About North West Provincial Government
North West Provincial Government is a department of the South African Government that manages the North West Province of South Africa. The Kalahari desert binds the province on its west, Botswana in the North, Free State to the South, and Gauteng on the east side. The region has an abundance of Platinum and is called the “Platinum Province.”
The North West Provincial Government Bursary 2022
The National Skills Development Strategy (NSDS) III and the Human Resource Development Strategy for South Africa (HRDSSA) II are the motivations behind the North West Provincial Government Bursary. Both of these strategies aim to develop the skills of the citizens of the North West Province of South Africa, which will make them capable of standing up on their own feet while also boosting the economy.
The North West Provincial Government Bursary 2022 covers the following costs for the selected students – registration fees, examination fees, tuition fees, compulsory levies, meals, books costs, and research costs. Students with disabilities can avail extra learning costs based on their needs.
Eligibility Criteria For The North West Provincial Government Bursary
The applicants must satisfy the following criteria to be deemed eligible to be awarded the North West Provincial Government Bursary 2022:
- The Student applying must be a South African Citizen whose permanent residence is in the North West Province.
- Students who are not already bursary holders from other organizations.
- Students with a strong academic record.
- The following students can apply:
- The students have completed their 12th-grade and are applying to higher learning institutions.
- The students are scheduled to give their 12th-grade examinations and plan to apply to tertiary learning institutions.
- The students who are already registered in a higher learning institution.
- The students who passed 12th-grade in previous years and could not attend university due to financial issues.
- The students who require financial help to fund their tertiary education.
Departments of Study
The applicants must be applying to or enrolled as full-time students in a North West Province university in any one of the following departments of study are eligible to apply:
- Department of Public Works & Roads
- Department of Agriculture & Rural Development
- Department of Arts, Culture, Sports & Recreation
- Department of Health
- Department of Education
- Department of Social Development
- Office of the Premier
- Department of Economic Development, Environment & Tourism
- Department of Human Settlement
- Department of Cooperative Governance & Traditional Affairs
- Community Safety & Transport Management
- Provincial Treasury
To learn more about the specific programs that a student must be enrolled in to apply to the North West Provincial Government Bursary 2022, click this information page.
How to Apply For The North West Provincial Government Bursary?
Students who can satisfy the above requirements may apply for the North West Provincial Government Bursary 2022 by using any one of the following methods:
- Apply online by:
- You can get an application form and submit it at the same office where the program was advertised. These are the places where the application form is available:
- Office of the Premier at the Bursary, Learnership and Internship Programmes Unit
- Traditional Authority Offices
- District and local municipal offices
- Labour Centres
- Provincial departments, a.k.a Head offices
- Office of the Premier, Regional Communication Offices – Brits, Bojanala, Dr. Kenneth Kaunda, and Dr. Ruth Segomotsi Mompati
The students who are applying to the North West Provincial Government Bursary 2022 must have the following documents ready while submitting their application:
- A fully completed application form for the bursary.
- A document showing proof of residential address in the North West Province.
- Applicants residing in villages – should be a letter from Traditional Authority Offices
- Applicants residing in towns, townships, or farm areas should be a letter from their Municipality Office.
- A certified copy of their student ID.
- A copy of their 12th Grade results and their Matric Certificate.
- Students already enrolled in a university must submit a copy of their recent academic results.
- Students who are not enrolled in a university must send a copy of their university acceptance letter. If a student doesn’t have an acceptance letter yet, they can apply with all other documents first and then send their acceptance letter on or before 7th January 2022.
- Proof of Guardians’ income documents
- Students with disabilities must attach their medical certificates.
Closing Date Of The North West Provincial Government Bursary
The North West Provincial Government Bursary 2022 applications close on 7 January 2022. It is important to note that incomplete application forms and the applications sent after the closing date will not be accepted.
If applicants don’t hear from the concerned authorities before four months from the closing date, their applications have not been accepted.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
If you have any further questions regarding the North West Provincial Government Bursary 2022, you can contact the bursary providers at:
Office of the Premier
Tel: 018 3881212 / 018 3881308/ 018 3881259 / 018 3881207 / 018 3881510
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other bursaries open for application here:
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on & follow us on Twitter account OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.