About Cederberg Municipality
The Cederberg Municipality is a Category B local municipality that administers the Western Cape province. The area ranges from Cederberg Mountains in the east to the Atlantic Coast in the west.
The municipality offers various public services to the citizens and businesses. Some of the services are electricity, water and sanitation, waste management and disposal, policing and protection, fire and rescue, road and infrastructure, and town planning. Because of good governance, the region has seen significant economic growth and standard of living.
Cederberg Municipality Bursary 2022
Cederberg Municipality is committed to uplifting the lives of the people in the province. As part of this commitment, it is offering financial assistance to students who lack access to education.
Known as the Cederberg Municipality bursary, it is meant for undergrad and postgrad students. For the academic year 2022, the bursaries will be awarded in the financial fields.
It will cover the total tuition fees charged by the university and the textbook cost. The municipality will determine the value of each bursary. Students are expected to pay for the rest of the expenses like accommodation and travel.
Initially, the bursaries will be awarded for one academic year. Students can then reapply for funding in the following years. Approval is subject to satisfactory academic performance.
As part of the bursary agreement, bursars will have to take part in the internship program and work for the municipality for one year. Shortlisted candidates will get more information regarding this within 30 days of the closing date. If you do not receive any communication, consider your application unsuccessful.
Eligibility Criteria For The Cederberg Municipality Bursary
To be considered for funding, you must fulfill all of the eligibility criteria. These are laid out by the municipality to select the most deserving candidates. Since there are a limited number of bursaries on offer, it cannot offer funding to everyone. Therefore, you must cross-check that you meet all of the eligibility requirements for Cederberg Municipality bursary 2022, which are:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be residing in the Cederberg Municipal area
- Must have completed Matriculation
- Must be either pursuing or willing to pursue a qualification in finance (undergraduate/postgraduate degree or diploma)
- Must be either studying or willing to study full-time and not part-time
- Must have either registered or have been formally accepted into a
- Must fulfill all of the entry requirements of the study programme
This is a merit-based bursary programme. Those with a better academic track record will get priority over others. The decision taken by the municipality regarding the selection of bursars will be considered final.
How to Apply For The Cederberg Municipality Bursary?
To apply for the Cederberg Municipality Bursary 2022, you must go through the application process. It’s a short and straightforward process. Here are the steps involved in applying for the bursary:
The first step is to download and complete the Cederberg Municipality bursary application form. You can also grab a copy from the municipal office. It asks certain questions about your personal, household, and academic details. You’d also have to provide an estimate of the cost of your studies. Answer all the questions correctly and truthfully.
The next step is to prepare the following documents that are necessary for this bursary:
- ID documents (certified copies)
- ID documents of parents/guardians (certified copies)
- Matric certificate or final results (certified copies)
- Proof of application or provisional acceptance issued by the tertiary institution (must be on institution letterhead)
- Proof of registration, if received (must be on institution letterhead)
- If currently studying in mid-year or year-end, submit the full academic record, including the most recent results
- Updated CV
- Proof of income of parents/guardians (most recent payslips, if employed; affidavit, if unemployed)
- A motivation letter describing why you’re the best candidate for the bursary (written in the application form)
The last step is to send the completed application form and the documents to the below address in an envelope:
2A Voortrekker Street
Mark the envelope as “Application for financial bursary: Cederberg Municipality“.
Closing Date Of The Cederberg Municipality Bursary
The last date to apply for the Cederberg Municipality bursary is 28 January Annually at 12:00 local time.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
For more details regarding the bursary, contact Mr. I van der Westhuizen/Megan Heins at:
- Tel: 027 482 8000
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other bursaries open for application here:
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on & follow us on Twitter account OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.