About Overstrand Municipality
Overstrand municipality is one of the many local municipalities in South Africa. It is located in the Western Cape province along the Atlantic coast. Some of the major cities of Overstrand Municipality are Gansbaai, Hermanus, and Kleinmond.
The Overstand Municipality, as an organisation, is a government body that’s responsible for good governance in the area. It is also responsible for economic development, transportation, public participation, and infrastructure for service delivery. All of these things make life easy for the residents of the municipality. The government body also provides employment opportunities to many people and gives out contractual work to local service providers.
Overstrand Municipality Bursary 2022
Overstrand Municipality offers financial assistance to students within the community who are in need of it. It has partnered up with Provincial Treasury to provide the bursaries. For the academic session 2022, the Overstrand Municipality Bursary will be given to undergraduate and . Here are the fields of study that are considered for 2022:
- Internal Audit
- Risk Management
- Supply Chain Management
There are two bursaries on offer for this year. The previous year, there were four bursaries. These will go to applicants with the lowest combined monthly income. The bursary value will depend on the tuition cost, registration fees, study material cost, and other related costs.
The bursaries will only be offered for a duration of one year.
Bursary Eligibility Criteria
To be selected for the bursary programme, you must fulfill all of the eligibility criteria. These are formulated by the Overstrand Municipality to pick the bursars from the pool of applicants. Since the number of applicants always outnumber the available bursaries, the municipality can’t award everyone who applies. Eligibility criteria are the first selection parameter. Anyone applying for the funding must fulfill all the requirements. Failing to do so will result in the cancellation of your application.
Here are the eligibility requirements for Overstrand Municipality bursary 2022:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be a resident of the Overstrand Municipality region
- Must be aged between 18 years and 25 years at the time of applying
- Must have either completed Matriculation or an equivalent qualification
- Must have registered at a tertiary institution to pursue an undergrad or postgrad qualification from 2022 onwards in one of the fields of study mentioned above
- The tertiary institution you intend to study at must be recognised
- Must have a strong academic track record
- Must be in need of financial need for their education
- Must be motivated and interested in uplifting the local community
Students from a previously disadvantaged background and students with disabilities can also apply for the bursary funding.
How to Apply?
If you fulfill all the eligibility requirements, move forward with the application process. It’s a simple process that shouldn’t take more than an hour to complete. But you should be diligent and not rush through it. Take the time to complete the process and avoid mistakes. Here are the steps involved in applying for the Overstrand Municipality bursary 2022:
The first step in the process is to download the official Overstrand Municipality Bursary Application Form and complete it. The form has got five parts, and you need to complete all of them.
In the next step, you’d have to prepare the following documents which are necessary for the bursary:
- ID documents (not older than three months and certified copies)
- Updated CV
- Cover letter
- Matric certificate (certified copies)
- Full academic record, including latest results (certified copies)
- Undergrad certificate, if completed (certified copies)
- Proof of registration at the tertiary institution (must be on institution letterhead)
- Proof of residence (municipal account)
- Proof of household income (payslips if employed; affidavit if unemployed or deceased; copies of pension or grant if applicable)
- Proof of disability, if disabled (must submit a document from a medical doctor)
Lastly, you’d have to send the documents and the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, include “Bursary Application“.
You can also send your application via post to the following address:
PO Box 20
Attention: Senior Manager, Human Resources
The last date for applying for the Overstrand Bursary is 12 November 2021 (at 15:00).
For more details on the bursary programme, contact Karin van der Merwe at:
- Telephone – 028 313 8113
- Email – email@example.com
If the bursary has already been closed, you are requested not to contact Overstrand Municipality. View our other bursaries open for application here: