Who we are
Coca-Cola Beverages Africa (CCBA) is the eighth largest Coca-Cola bottling partner worldwide and the biggest on the African continent. We serve 14 countries in sub-Saharan Africa including South Africa, Eswatini, Ghana, Kenya, Ethiopia, Mozambique, Tanzania, Uganda, Namibia, Mayotte, Comoros, Botswana, Zambia and Lesotho.
We boast a diverse pan-African footprint with more than 36 bottling plants serving over 600,000 outlets across the continent. CCBA employs more than 16,000 people and enjoys the number one market position in all of our 13 territories.
CCBA is pursuing an ambitious growth strategy that is aligned with The Coca-Cola Company’s 2020 Vision and will be supported through investment in manufacturing, sales, distribution and marketing. We aim to be the leading Coca-Cola bottler in Africa, delivering profitable and sustained growth through increased availability and access to Coca-Cola beverages across Southern and East Africa.
Our growth objectives
With a rich history and heritage in Africa, CCBA’s scale, complementary capabilities and resources will be deployed via a three-part strategy aimed at accelerating top-line growth:
1. We will take advantage of the opportunities presented by the favourable economic and demographic trends in Southern and East Africa where per capita consumption of soft drinks still lags that of other emerging markets.
2. We will leverage our scale in South Africa, which accounts for half of CCBA’s workforce and 69% of its volumes, to compete effectively and accelerate growth.
3. We will build the fundamental capabilities we need across our Southern and East African operations to accelerate sustainable growth in these markets while remaining ready to support further consolidation efforts.
Our goal to build a stronger business can only be achieved through the support and long-term prosperity of our customers.
A stronger, more successful Coca-Cola system in Africa will create greater shared value for the business as well as the communities we serve across the value-chain through job creation, skills development and support for small-to-medium sized enterprises.
By focusing on accelerating growth and social development in our value chain and making clear commitments on waste, energy, water and land use, we are leading the way as a responsible business in Africa. Our vision is to refresh Africa every day and make our continent a better place for all.
Equally as important are our employees who are at the heart of our business. We are committed to investing in their growth and development to ensure that they are empowered to enhance their skills and capabilities.
Job Description Coca-Cola Beverages South Africa (CCBSA) has an exciting opportunity in our Warehouse department. We are looking for talented individual with relevant skills and experience for a Warehouse Operator role, which is based in Elgin.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Team Leader: Warehouse in Elgin.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
To execute the activities within the warehouse according to the issued plan within the required operational efficiency standards.
• Ensure all trucks/trailers are loaded on time & in full according to the issued plan
• Ensure compliance to model stock layout for all SKUs
• Ensure stock is removed from the production lines such that there are no disruptions to production due to forklift availability
• Ensure loads are picked on time & accurately
• Comply to housekeeping standards
• Comply to processes
• Achievement of personal operational efficiency standards
• Care for assets as per standard operational practices
• Comply with relevant stock management processes including counting of inventory daily
• Ensure pallets are stretch wrapped according to standard
Skills, Experience & Education
• Grade 12/Matric with Maths
• Must be conversant in English (as the home language or at least a first additional language)
• 6- 12 months relevant warehouse experience (load making /forklift operation)
• Valid forklift driver licence an advantage (if candidate application successful, will be trained)
• Clear criminal and credit check
• Prepared to work overtime and shifts