- Reference Number : refs/019650
- Directorate : ADMINISTRATION AND LOGISTICS
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R 171 537
- Enquiries : Mr. PM Motshweni: 012 354 1421
- A Senior certificate Grade 12 or equivalent NQF 4 certificate. Minimum Grade C PSIRA certificate. A minimum of 5 years experience in a security environment. Knowledge of Health and Safety Act and fire prevention. Knowledge and understanding legislations including MPSS and MISS. Willingness to work shifts and extended hours.
- Execution of access control of staff, visitors and assets. Monitor duty roster and make daily posting sheets. Submit leave forms of colleagues on time. Report all security breaches to security manager. Report all incidents that occur onsite verbally and in writing. Day/night supervision of contract security. Report defects of OHS and Facilities to relevant managers. Patrol the hospital premises and investigate matters reported to control room by staff and give feedback.
- Search for lost patients/visitors and fetch the patients at home if absconded. Maintain cleanliness’ of registers and update them accordingly.
- Enforce searching and access control at entrances. Compile claim forms as per roster and attendance register and submit to manager. Assist members of private security company in problem solving and give advise. Assist in vehicle clamping and record keeping and any other duties delegated by supervisor.
- Applications should be submitted strictly online at the following E-Recruitment portal: http://professionaljobcenter.gpg.gov.za. No hand-delivered, faxed or emailed applications will be accepted. NB: For assistance with online applications please email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application should be accompanied by a fully completed and signed new Z83 application form obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents plus a recently updated comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV). Applications without proof of a new Z83 application form and detailed CV will be disqualified. Applicants must indicate the post reference number on their applications.
- (Shortlisted candidates will receive communication from HR to submit certified copies of educational qualifications and other relevant documents not older than 6 months on or before the day of the interview). It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). All foreign qualification must be accompanied by evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates. Suitable candidates will be subjected to vetting and personnel pre-employment suitability checks (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification). Where applicable, candidates will be subjected to a skills/knowledge test. Medical Surveillance will be conducted on the recommended candidates. It is Department’s intention to promote representivity (race, gender, and disability) in the Public Service through the filling of these posts. The Department reserves the right not to appoint/fill this post. NB: The Public Service does not charge any fees for applying for posts. Should you be asked for a fee, please let the authorities know. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : STEVE BIKO ACADEMIC HOSPITAL
Closing Date : 01-02-2024
|Do you have a Senior Certificate Grade 12 or equivalent NQF 4 certificate?
|Do you have a minimum of 5 years experience in a security environment ?
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.