Hatch is inviting qualified candidates who wish to continue an engineering career to apply for the Hatch bursary scheme. The bursary offers full cost as well as partial bursaries based on students’ academic needs.
The bursary is awarded to students who will pursue studies in Engineering fields in:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Bursaries will cover the following expenses:
- Allowances (Computer, textbooks and monthly)
- Accommodation or a travel allowance
- Vacation work
Hatch bursary recipients will also receive the following benefits:
- Be encouraged to be the best version of yourself with many opportunities to pursue work in Mining & Metals, Energy, Digital, or Infrastructure sectors once you have completed your degree.
- Have the benefit of formal and informal mentorship from some of the leading minds and authorities in the industry.
- Have the opportunity to gain project experience in South Africa and around the world.
- Collaborate with different people across a multitude of cultures around our global organisation.
- Be part of an exciting work environment where you can use your Engineering degree in your choice of traditional sectors or emerging and innovative industries.
- Participate in local Professional Development Programs once you have qualified.
Hatch is an engineering company that has more than 60 years of business and professional experience in mining and infrastructure. The company’s expertise includes sustainable business, urban solutions and smart cities, responsible energy production, digital operations, mining innovation as well as water development. This expertise and services are provided for the metals and minerals, energy and the infrastructure industries.
Hatch also offers consulting services in the areas of corporate social responsibility, social enhancement and environmental footprint optimisation. Some of the known projects of the company are Muga Potash Plant in Spain, Apiacás Hydro Complex in Brazil, Davenport Diamond Rail Grade Separation in Canada and the Hatch-Glencore Technology Venture in Ontario, Canada.
Hatch has received various industry and project awards in corporate leadership, health and safety and project excellence recognition. It has maintained business ethics and sustainability through global compliance, responsibility and accountability, respect in the workplace, relationship building, confidentiality and privacy as well as fairness, integrity and honesty in dealings.
Hatch Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Full-time students in the fields of study mentioned above
- Tertiary Students must have maintained an average academic achievement of 65% or above.
- Grade 12 students must have maintained an average academic achievement of 90% or above.
How to Apply and Application Details
- Register an account and profile by clicking here.
- Apply online by clicking the bursaries:
For Electrical Engineering Bursary, click here.
For Civil Engineering Bursary, click here.
For Mechanical Engineering Bursary, click here.
- Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application:
- Latest CV
- A certified copy of your ID document.
- A certified copy of your grade 11 final results AND Matric’s latest results, if currently in Matric.
- A certified copy of your matric certificate, if completed Matric.
- Proof of acceptance from a recognised tertiary institution (on tertiary letterhead)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently at tertiary level
Currently open for application. No application dealine disclosed yet. .
Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered. The outcome of your application will be provided to you by 30 September 2022.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Hatch directly:
Tel: 021 911 5823 (Cape Town branch)
Tel: 031 536 9400 (Durban branch)
Tel: 043 813 1000 (East London branch)
Tel: 011 239 5300 (Johannesburg branch)
Tel: 041 373 6552 (Port Elizabeth branch)
Tel: 017 634 9700 (Secunda branch)
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here:
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on & follow us on Twitter account OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.