- Reference Number : refs/019733
- Directorate : PATIENT ADMIN AND LOGISTICS (FOOD SERVICE UNIT)
- Number of Posts : 1
- Package : R125 373 per annum plus benefits
- Enquiries : Mrs. E Dreyer: 012-354 2315
- Minimum qualification: Grade 10 or equivalent qualification. Relevant exposure in a Food service environment with atleast 1 year work experience. Knowledge of cooking, hygiene and safety. Good communication skills and willing to work in a team. Must work shifts ( early and late) as well as public holidays. Must be able to do work of a physical nature and be reliable and trustworthy. A driver’s license will be an added advantage.
- Perform routine tasks in the Food Service unit and operate machinery and Food service equipment. Perform cleaning tasks as assigned to you to ensure hygiene and safety standards are maintained in the unit (washing of pots, floors, equipment and utensils, drains. grids, fridges and freezer rooms, store rooms and other areas in the unit). Taking out dustbins and waste and cleaning/sanitizing of dustbins. Washing of dishes (pots, pans, crockery and cutlery). Unpacking and packing provisions into fridges and freezers and storage areas. Cleaning of fridges and freezers and storage areas. Preparation of patient meals according to guidelines. Adhere to set policies and guidelines regulating Food services. Rotate and work as a reliever in the unit.
- Applications should be submitted strictly online at the following E-Recruitment portal: http://professionaljobcenter.gpg.gov.za. No hand-delivered, faxed or emailed applications will be accepted. NB: For assistance with online applications please email your query to email@example.com. Application should be accompanied by a fully completed and signed new Z83 application form obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents plus a recently updated comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV). Applications without proof of a new Z83 application form and detailed CV will be disqualified. Applicants must indicate the post reference number on their applications. (Shortlisted candidates will receive communication from HR to submit certified copies of educational qualifications and other relevant documents not older than 6 months on or before the day of the interview). It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). All foreign qualification must be accompanied by evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates. Suitable candidates will be subjected to vetting and personnel pre-employment suitability checks (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification). Where applicable, candidates will be subjected to a skills/knowledge test. Medical Surveillance will be conducted on the recommended candidates. It is Department’s intention to promote representivity (race, gender, and disability) in the Public Service through the filling of these posts. The Department reserves the right not to appoint/fill this post. NB: The Public Service does not charge any fees for applying for posts. Should you be asked for a fee, please let the authorities know. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : STEVE BIKO ACADEMIC HOSPITAL
Closing Date : 05-02-2024
|Do you have Grade 10?
|Do you have relevant exposure in a food service environment with atleast 1 year work experience?
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.