About Fine Music Radio (FMR)
FMR, Fine Music Radio, is known for the fact that it is the only reason station to broadcast from the Artscape Theatre Complex, a cultural centre. It is also the only station for classical and jazz music.
From classical and jazz to outside broadcasts, intriguing material, and social activities, they are dedicated to providing the finest listening experience possible. The classical music selection is melodious and non-raucous, appealing to a broad range of listeners without sacrificing integrity. FMR’s jazz is a blend of the best mainstream smooth and classic soul, with a blend of contemporary and mainstream jazz.
Fine Music Radio (FMR) Bursary 2022 – 2023
The FMR Bursary is a means to provide an opportunity for the students performing Jazz and Classical music to apply for funding.
The bursary awarded must be used for opting for tertiary studies in any field.
- The bursary can be canceled if the candidate fails to fulfill the conditions of the bursary.
- Three finalists from each category will be selected who would then perform at the Baxter Concert Hall, Rondebosch where the recipient will be selected.
- The recorded finalist concert will be broadcasted on FMR. The date will be decided later.
- After receiving the award, the recipient needs to update FMR regarding their progress in academics.
Eligibility Criteria For The Bursary
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the bursary. There should not be any exceptions or the application will be rejected.
- Only the candidates who perform jazz and classical music are eligible for the bursary.
- The candidate must be registered or enrolled at any institution for tertiary studies.
- The candidate must have good academic records.
How to Apply?
download the application form: Fine Music Radio (FMR) Bursary Application Form 2023
The applications have to be submitted online. Candidates can send the scanned application form via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to Mark Jennings.
The application must be signed by the candidate’s practical coach/lecturer.
All the mentioned documents must be attached with the application form.
- Proof of enrollment or registration at an institution for tertiary studies.m
- A reference letter from the candidate’s lecturer or teacher. The contact details of the referee must be provided as well.
- A curriculum vitae describing the goals of the candidate and what they intend to do with the funds.
For the audition recordings
- Audio recordings are to be uploaded on youtube and the link to the video must be sent via email along with the application form.
- The audio should not be longer than 15 minutes in length.
- There should not be any editing done in the audio.
- The audio should be clear.
- The candidate must mention the details of the track in the audio:
- Title of the track.
- Composer of the track.
- Duration of the track.
Closing Date Of The Bursary
The applications will be closed on 22 July 2022 at 5 pm. Interested candidates must send their entries before the deadline or the application will not be considered.
The concert dates for the finalists are:
Classical: 17 August 2022.
Jazz: 19 August 2022.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
The candidates can contact the bursary provider for any queries through:
Phone: 021 401 1013
Fax: 021 401 1016
Telegram & WhatsApp: 061 799 1013
SMS: 39 792 (charged at R1.50 each)
Mark Jennings – email@example.com
1-10 DF Malan Street, Foreshore
Cape Town 8001
PO Box 1013
Cape Town 8000
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here:
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on & follow us on Twitter account OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.