About Western Cape Department of Agriculture
A range of research, development, and supporting services are provided to the Western Cape province by the Western Cape Department of Agriculture. The agriculture sector contributes to the province’s economic prosperity and assists with creating sustainable job opportunities.
Founded in 1898, the Elsenburg Agricultural Training Institute (EATI) was South Africa’s first agricultural college. As an affiliate of the University of Stellenbosch’s Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry Sciences, the EATI offers bachelor degree programs in the field of Agriculture.
Learners who are interested in agricultural production training can receive training, education, and skills through the EATI. In the Western Cape Department of Agriculture, the institute is a Chief Directorate.
Western Cape Department of Agriculture Bursary 2022
The Western Cape Department of Agriculture has invited applications for the academic year 2022 for comprehensive/partial bursaries from students pursuing or intended to pursue a career in agriculture. Applications are open for bursary funding at Elsenburg Agricultural Training Institute (EATI), sponsored by the Western Cape Department of Agriculture.
The following qualifications will be eligible for bursaries:
- Agric Agronomy (BSc)
- Agric Soil and Water Science (BSc)
- Agric Pasture Science (BSc)
- Agricultural Economics (BSc)
- Agriculture (National Diploma)
- Agricultural Engineering
- Computer Science (BComp Sc)
- Animal Science (BSc)
- Entomology (BSc)
- Food Science (BSc)
- Farming Management (National Diploma)
- Horticulture (National Diploma)
- Geo-Informatics/ Geographic (BSc / BA)
- Food Technology (National Diploma)
- Mechatronics Engineering (BSc)
- Mariculture (BSc)
- Information Science
- Production Economics
- Resource Economics
- Plant Pathology (BSc)
- Viticulture and Oenology (BSc)
- Agricultural research in priority fields of postgraduate study (BSc Hons/Advanced Diploma / MSc / Postgraduate Diploma/ PhD)
- Veterinary Science (BVSc)
The following expenses of the successful candidates will be covered by the Western Cape Department of Agriculture Bursary 2022:
- Tuition Fees
- Registration Fees
- Expenses of prescribed books
- Hostel fees as well as meals (when necessary).
The shortlisted candidates will be required to go through a suitability assessment check when contacted. Applications who don’t get communicated are requested to please consider their application as unsuccessful for the bursary programme. Successful candidates will then be required to enter into a written contract with the Western Cape Department of Agriculture.
The relevant brochures and prospectus can be found on the website of the Elsenburg Agricultural Training Institute.
Eligibility Criteria For The Western Cape Department of Agriculture Bursary 2022
The interested applicants must meet the following entry requirements to apply for the Western Cape Department of Agriculture Bursary 2022. Please note that your application will not be considered if you fail to complete all of them:
- South African citizenship is required
- Matriculation is required
- Applicants must either be studying full-time or intended to study for any of the above qualifications for the year 2022
- The applicant must be enrolled or studying at a recognized tertiary university or college in South Africa
- Residents of the Western Cape coming from historically disadvantaged communities will be given preference
- Applications are encouraged from female students and from students with disabilities
How to Apply For The Bursary?
You can apply for the Western Cape Department of Agriculture Bursary 2022 by downloading and filling out the .pdf
You can refer to the for more information. See more details on the website here.
You can submit the applications through mail, post or hand-delivery at the following addresses:
Email your application at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be sent through post at:
The Chief Director
Operational Support Services
Western Cape Department of Agriculture
Private Bag X1
The application can also be hand-delivered at:
Western Cape Department of Agriculture – Main Building
Candidates eligible to apply for the Western Cape Department of Agriculture Bursary 2022 are requested to submit the following documents in addition to their application form. Applications without the supporting documents will be disqualified and will not be considered for the bursary programme.
- Documents of identification (certified copies)
- Certified copy of your driver’s license, if applicable
- Certified copy of matriculation certificate
- Previous school reports or academic records (certified copies)
- A certified copy of registration proof for the academic year 2022
- Certified copy of higher education qualifications
- Expense proof for the remaining qualification period
- Your CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- ID documents of parents and guardians (certified copies)
- Proof of parents’/ guardians’ income (if employed – pay slips of the last 3 months, if unemployed – statement, where applicable provide SASSA grant income proof, if deceased, death certificates)
Note: Individuals waiting for the final results or university acceptance letter can also apply in the absence of these documents. However, when the documents are received, they should be submitted right away.
Closing Date Of The Western Cape Department of Agriculture Bursary 2022
The last date of application is 4 February 2022. To ensure your application is considered, please apply before this date. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.
Contact Details Of The Bursar
In case of questions or inquiries regarding this bursary program, please directly contact the EATI at:
Name of the contact person: Mr JK Constable
Email id: email@example.com
Tel: 021 808 5044
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries. View our other bursaries open for application here:
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on & follow us on Twitter account OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.