Position: Sub Accountant
Division: Revenue Management
Salary: R305 796 – R419 532 per annum (plus benefits)
- Ensure the smooth running of the meter office with reference to matters associated with readings and enquiries
- Attend to enquiries in respect of readings and problematic cases to ensure customer complaints are finalized and not escalating to management or media
- Perform journal entries to establish internal control in the meter office to ensure accounts are corrected timeously as per physical readings or memorandums from FMMC, Water and Energy Departments
- Check final fault report (deviation lists) on internet electricity meters to avoid loss of income to Council and to ensure correctness of levies to industrial and business accounts
- Attend to meter reading fault codes to render quality service delivery to satisfy customer needs to ensure good customer care service in alignment with the Batho Pele principles
- Maintain Departmental meters and update information to CoE accounts to ensure correct billing is done to various Departments
- Perform monthly suspense and default account reconciliations to ensure and maintain clean audits
- Perform office administration to ensure smooth running of meter office
- National Diploma in Accounting or relevant equivalent NQF Level 6 qualification
- 5 years’ experience in a similar (revenue) environment
Enquiries: Tel: 0860 54 3000;
Candidates may be requested to submit proof of the NQF level applicable to the qualifications they have obtained.
Should candidates not be informed of the outcome of the application within six weeks of the closing date, it should be regarded as having been unsuccessful.
The City of Ekurhuleni subscribes to the principles of the Employment Equity Act and reserves the right to appoint, not appoint or to appoint laterally.
: South Africa-Gauteng-Corporate
: Sub Accountant (Customer Care Finance)|Technicians and Associate Professionals
: Revenue Management Division