About the South African National Roads Agency Limited (SANRAL)
SANRAL is an independent company of which the South African government, represented by its Minister of Transport, is the sole shareholder. The company’s mandate is to finance, expand, improve, and maintain South Africa’s national road network. While the country has much existing road infrastructure, there is an increasing demand on the road system, meaning that it requires upgrading whilst continuously maintaining the integrity of existing roads. SANRAL works on the country’s arterial highways, including those that facilitate travel in and around major cities, such as Johannesburg, Cape Town, Pretoria, and Durban. SANRAL offers high school learners and tertiary students bursaries and financial assistance as part of its social responsibility programme.
SANRAL Bursary 2023
SANRAL aims to support deserving qualifying students in the fields of transportation infrastructure, engineering and its related professions in the built environment, smart technologies, public sector infrastructure development and administration and other professions related to the core business of SANRAL.
SANRAL dedicates its resources to make sure that students in South Africa have enough opportunities to further their studies in specialized fields. Every year, it offers bursaries intended to develop skill sets of students within the industry of Civil Engineering.
The South African National Roads Agency SOC Ltd hereby invites suitable candidates to apply for the External Bursary for the 2023 Academic year. Funding is for full-time studies in the following areas of study:
- Civil Engineering
- BSc/BEng Civil Engineering
- BEng Tech Civil Engineering
- MEng/PG Diploma Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- BSc/BEng Electronic Engineering
- Diploma in Electronic Engineering
- Procurement & Supply Chain Management
- Advanced Diploma Supply Chain Management
- Human Resources
- BCom HR/Diploma HR
- BCom Hons Hr/Advanced Diploma HR
- Environmental Science
- BSc Environmental Science
The SANRAL bursaries are for qualified and deserving students. It covers the following expenses:
- Tuition fees
- Food allowance
- Living allowance.
- Prescribed books
- Study equipment
- Compulsory excursions and seminars
SANRAL Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
Interested applicants must first satisfy the minimum requirements before applying:
- Must be a citizen of South Africa.
- Students at university need a 60% overall average.
- Must be currently registered or plans to register to study at one of the recognised .
- For Matric students, they must have achieved at least 70% in Mathematics, English, and Physical Science.
- For 1st year students, they must have achieved at least 70% in Mathematics and Science.
- Those currently studying towards a Civil Engineering degree qualification may also apply.
- Preference goes to disadvantaged students who have completed their 1st year of study (undergraduates) or students registered for their 2nd to 4th year (postgraduate students).
- Must not have failed any modules or subjects in their current year of study.
- Must not be currently receiving any other financial assistance or bursary funding from another institution.
Failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to the application getting disregarded.
How to Apply and Application Details
Download and complete the .
Send your complete application to: email@example.com
Applicants must submit clear copies of the following documents together with the accomplished application form.
- By your parents
- By yourself (2 pages) telling about yourself and motivate why you would like to become a SANRAL bursary holder
Certified Copies Of:
- High School results: Term 1 & 2
- University Results: Full Academic record from the current tertiary institution
- Proof of tertiary registration
- Your ID documents or birth certificate (must be South African citizen)
- Your parents’ ID documents.
Proof Of Residence:
- Your parents’/guardians’ water and electricity bill from the local council.
- Proof of income / sworn affidavit (if parents are self-employed in the informal sector or they work from home, you must submit an affidavit on the amount that they earn).
If any of these documents aren’t submitted, the application will get disregarded.
The bursary application date closes on 30 September 2022.
Terms & Conditions Apply:
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Applicants must be South African citizens.
- The application form must be completed in full and the information must be accurate and most recent.
- SANRAL’s bursary will be awarded based on academic performance and financial need as determined by SANRAL’s Bursary Policy’sset requirements.
- The application will be turned down if it does not comply with these stipulations listed.
- SANRAL may use other applicable conditions in making the final decision in granting the bursary.
Candidates who qualify will get notified by January 31 at the latest. Applicants who don’t receive any feedback by this date should regard their application as unsuccessful.
Sanral Contact Details
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the SANRAL directly:
Ms R Erasmus
Sanral Contact Number: 012 844 8000
Street Address: 48 Tambotie Avenue, Val de Grace, PRETORIA
Postal Address: PO Box 415, PRETORIA, 0001
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries/scholarships open for application here:
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on & follow us on Twitter account OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.