Register to rewrite Matric or rewrite grade 12
You can register to rewrite matric subjects if you want to improve your results.
The Second Chance Matric Programme of the Department of Basic Education provides support to learners who want to rewrite subjects. It helps them to meet the requirements of the National Senior Certificate (NSC) or Senior Certificate (SC) and obtain a Grade 12 matric certificate.
Face to face classes are available at locations around the country, as well as online programmes and television and radio broadcasts.
The following opportunities to rewrite exist:
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) supplementary exams – March
- National Senior Certificate (NSC) progressed learners (learners who wrote the NSC the previous year but did not sit for all 6 subjects) – June
- Part-time NSC candidates (learners who attempted the NSC examinations post 2015) – November
More information on registration dates and resources is available from the Department of Basic Education.
For more information:
Tel: 0800 20 29 33
Second Chance Programme: Giving you another chance at Success!
The aim of the Second Chance Matric Programme is to provide support to learners who have not been able to meet the requirements of the National Senior Certificate (NSC) or the extended Senior Certificate (SC), thereby meeting the goals of the NDP and the sector thus increasing learner retention.
- Learners are able to meet the requirements of the NSC or SC and obtain a Grade 12 matric certificate
- Increase learner retention
- Increase computer skills, job opportunities and career pathing
- Learners are able to access bursary opportunities for further studies
CANDIDATES TO BE SUPPORTED