The technology sector plays a crucial part in the success of an economy. As the world advances on the technological path, a nation should encourage its youth to participate in the technology sector and take the nation to greater heights of success.
To increase the involvement of youth in technology-related careers, the iStudent Academy provides a bursary to deserving students and encourages them to pursue their dream careers.
About iStudent Academy
iStudent is a private institution established in 1991. The academy is committed to provide and train students in the latest ICT-related skills. By gaining insights into the latest trends and technology, the institution strives to educate the student with the current skills and helps them to graduate.
They offer part-time, full-time, and online courses in IT, design, CAD, and business training. It has joined hands with and received accreditation from several esteemed quality assurance bodies in South Africa and abroad too.
Their teachings are centered on providing quality education to students who are passionate about technology.
About iStudent Bursary Competition Program
Through their bursary program, iStudent encourages students to study towards qualification courses that are accredited by SAQA and internationally.
In the year 2021, they awarded bursaries of over R440 000. Under this bursary program, the institute will award 20 bursaries. Each of the 5 iStudent Academy campuses (Durban, Bloemfontein, Johannesburg, Cape Town, and Pietermaritzburg) will get 4 bursaries.
The bursary will cover the following courses:
- 2-year Graphic Design (Adobe Certified Associate)
- 1-year IT (Microsoft certified in programming or Networking)
- 2-year IT engineering (Microsoft certified programming, Networking and Cisco Certified Network Associate)
- 2-year Computer-Aided Design and Draughting (Autodesk Certified User)
iStudent Academy bursary is aimed at covering only the tuition fees of the students opting to pursue any of the courses mentioned above. All the other expenses like travel, accommodation, food, etc. are required to be managed by the students.
To receive the iStudent bursary, students must fulfill the following eligibility criteria. Those who fail to meet the requirements, their applications will be rejected.
- Students applying for this bursary must be 30 years or younger
- Must have completed Matric or currently be in Matric
- One must agree to the term and conditions mentioned by the academy
- Students must be willing to study full-time towards the qualifications mentioned in 2022
- Applicants should attend the iStudent Academy Open Day or Workshop
- Students must have good English fluency as all the study materials and classes will be in English.
Terms & Conditions of the Bursary
The following terms and conditions must be read and agreed upon by all the applicants before applying for the bursary.
- Students must meet the minimum entry criteria
- Applications must be submitted before the closing date
- Bursary recipients will be announced on 27 November 2021.
- Candidates selected for the bursary will be required to pay the registration fees within 60 days of acceptance and will have to follow the registration process
- Students who receive the bursary are required to give an entrance exam to confirm that they qualify for the selected course
- Students qualifying for the bursary must be willing to be photographed and interviewed for promotional material by iStudent Academy
- The authority to make a final decision rests with the panel of judges.
How to apply?
Students can apply for the iStudent bursary by downloading and filling the . In addition to the application form, students should submit copies of the following documents mentioned by the academy.
- Certified ID document
- If currently in Matric, then submit the latest matric results
- Matric certificate
- Parents/guardians ID proof (certified)
- Letter of recommendation
- 3 months bank statement of parents/guardians
- An essay on the topic, “My passion for technology”
The application form along with the documents can be submitted in one of the ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivery to the academy campuses:
- Durban Campus: 16 Peter Mokaba Ridge, Berea, Durban,4001
- Pietermaritzburg campus: 460 Town Bush Road, Pietermaritzburg 3201 Cascades, Pietermaritzburg, 3201
- Bloemfontein Campus: 6 Bermakor Park, 52 Reid St, Westdene, Bloemfontein, 9301
- Johannesburg Campus: 0B Forest Road Pineslopes Office Park, Block C, Sandton,2191
- Cape Town Campus: 1 Century City Dr, Century City, Cape Town, 7441
The last date of application is 31 October 2022
For bursary related queries contact the following:
Durban Campus- 031 277 2001
Pietermaritzburg Campus- 031 277 2002
Bloemfontein Campus- 087 255 9627
Johannesburg Campus- 011 465 1405
Cape Town Campus- 021 824 1170
Please do NOT contact the iStudent Academy if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: