All Steps needed on Sassa R350 Reapplication and How to Apply For the SASSA SRD Grant.
The Government of South Africa continues to offer the SASSA Social Relief of Distress Grant (SRD 350), a grant of R350 per month for 6 months to be paid to individuals who are currently unemployed, do not receive any form of income, social grant or UIF payment etc, and include both Refugees and Asylum Seeker permit holders. You can access the application page by clicking here.
Sassa Online Application
If you are an Asylum Seeker and fits the criteria to receive the grant, follow the below 9 steps to apply.
STEP1. Access SASSA SRD webpage on: https://srd.sassa.gov.za
STEP 2. Scroll down to the Asylum Seekers and Special Permit Holders section and click on: click here to apply online
STEP 3. Insert your cellphone number and click on Send SMS.
ATTENTION! Make sure you have the device on and with you, as SASSA will send you a sms with OTP code to be confirmed on the following STEP to the application.
- The cellphone number should contain 10 digits and no spaces
STEP 4. You will receive the OTP Code on your cellphone in an SMS like the below sample:
STEP 5. Insert the 6-digit OTP code received via SMS
STEP 6. Click on and read the Declaration and Consent by the applicant. This document contains information on the qualifying criteria to the grant as well as the terms and conditions of the grant.
STEP 7. After reading the Declaration and Consent by Applicant document, select:
- No: If you do not agree to the contents of the Declaration and consent document.
- Note that if you select NO, the application process will end and you will not be eligible to apply for the grant.
- Yes: If you agree to the contents of the Declaration and Consent by applicant.
- Note that if you select Yes you will have immediate access to the application form.
STEP 8. Fill the fields with your Personal Information and click on Submit ATTENTION!
- Make use of the drop-down menus indicated with and calendar to select your answers where available.
- Make sure your file number is correct before submitting
- Alternative number: If the cellphone provided in the beginning of the process does not belong to you, SASSA will use this alternative number to contact you.
- The Submit button will only be active if all the mandatory fields (*) are populated
Applied for the R350 grant? Sassa wants you to update your info by end of the week for April, May payments
STEP 9. Application Submitted! You will be redirected to the confirmation page. Take note of your 6-digit Application ID and it should be used when communicating with SASSA together with the File number.