GENERAL STORE ASSISTANTS
- Reference Number : refs/019591
- Directorate : SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
- Number of Posts : 2
- Package : R 125 373 per annum plus benefits
- Enquiries : Mr. TD Moraswi : 012 354 5159
- Grade 10 with 3 years experience in Supply Chain Management (Stores) or Grade 12 with 2 years experience in field of Supply Chain or Management and Asset Management. Knowledge of photocopying and duplicating machines is a requirement. Ability to work independently and meet deadlines and paying attention to details and ensure correctness of data/information. Ability to work under pressure and in a team. Be prepared to work overtime when required to meet deadlines. Good communication skills and interpersonal relations. Must be a client orientated person. Effective communication skills (written & verbal) must be able to read and write. Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
- Delivery of stock received at transit to the end-users. Delivery of stock from and to the stores. Packing of stock on shelves in a relevant warehouse. Ensure that received stock is packed appropriately and according to the ”LIFO” rule. Assist with inventory.
- Ensure that the warehouse / transit area is tidy and clean. Effective communication with fellow member/ colleagues and relevant stakeholders within the institution. Render asset management, general services such as collection of redundant and obsolete asset from end-users.
- Delivery of newly acquired assets to the relevant end-users after bar-coding. Collection of assets for repair and maintenance purpose and assist in asset verification and stock taking.
- Applications should be submitted strictly online at the following E-Recruitment portal: http://professionaljobcenter.gpg.gov.za. No hand-delivered, faxed or emailed applications will be accepted. NB: For assistance with online applications please email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application should be accompanied by a fully completed and signed new Z83 application form obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents plus a recently updated comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Applications without proof of a new Z83 application form and detailed CV will be disqualified. Applicants must indicate the post reference number on their applications. (Shortlisted candidates will receive communication from HR to submit certified copies of educational qualifications and other relevant documents not older than 6 months on or before the day of the interview).
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). All foreign qualification must be accompanied by evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates. Suitable candidates will be subjected to vetting and personnel pre-employment suitability checks (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification).
- Where applicable, candidates will be subjected to a skills/knowledge test. Medical Surveillance will be conducted on the recommended candidates. It is Department’s intention to promote representivity (race, gender, and disability) in the Public Service through the filling of these posts. The Department reserves the right not to appoint/fill this post.
- NB: The Public Service does not charge any fees for applying for posts. Should you be asked for a fee, please let the authorities know.
- PEOPLE WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Employer : Department of Health
Location : STEVE BIKO ACADEMIC HOSPITAL
Closing Date : 02-02-2024
|Do you have Grade 10 with 3 years experience in Supply Chain Management (Stores) or Grade 12 with 2 years experience in the field of Supply Chain or Management and Asset Management ?
|Are you prepared to work overtime when required to meet deadlines?
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.