The Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority (FASSET) is a public entity established in terms of the Skills Development Act (Act 97 of 1998) and Skills Development Levies Act (Act no 9 of 1999).
It serves the finance and accounting services sector such as investment entities, stockbroking and financial markets, financial development organisations, accounting, bookkeeping, auditing and tax services, business and management consulting services, the South African Revenue Service, the national and provincial treasuries and other ventures serving financial processes such as debt collection.
FASSET offers bursaries to South African learners who are studying towards a qualification in Finance, Accounting, Tax, Audit and Actuarial studies at a Public University or University of Technology.
Or, Public TVET College towards a Finance and Business related qualification.
The bursary covers tuition fees, textbooks, accommodation, meal allowance and data allowance.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- Completed Matric (students currently in Matric will be able to apply from 15 January 2023, after results are released)
- Studying or intend on studying towards a qualification in one of the fields listed above
- Studying, registered or accepted to study at a recognised and accredited public tertiary institution (TVET College, University or University of Technology)
- Maximum R600 000 per annum gross combined household income (income before deductions)
- Currently unemployed
How to Apply and Application Details
Applications must need to be submitted online at FASSET Bursary Application 2022
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application :
- A certified copy of your ID document
- Proof of registration and acceptance at an approved tertiary institution (on institutions letterhead)
- A certified copy of your Parents or guardians ID documents
- Parents or guardians proof of household income (latest payslips if employed, affidavit if unemployed, proof of pension or grant if applicable)
- A certified copy of your Certificates of any completed qualifications, if applicable
- Proof of residence
Opening & Closing Date
15 August 2022
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact FASSET directly:
Contact page: https://www.fasset.org.za/head_office.html
Tel: (011) 476 8570
Fax: (011) 476 5756
Please do not send any questions after the closing date. View our other bursaries open for application here:
Don’t miss out on current updates, kindly like us on & follow us on Twitter account OR leave a comment below for further inquiries.