About Environmental Resources Management
Environmental Resources Management, or ERM for short, is a consulting firm that specialises in providing expert-level consultancy services in the field of health, risk, safety, environmental, among others. Founded in England in 1971, it serves some of the largest industrial companies in the world. They help them improve sustainability and business performance at the same time.
Currently, ERM operates in over 40 different countries and employs more than 5,000 people. In South Africa, the consultancy has offices in Cape Town, Durban, and Johannesburg. In May 2019, ERM South African secured Level Two B-BBEE status.
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) Bursary 2022 – 2023
ERM is offering financial assistance to students who are in need of it. Known as the Environmental Resources Management Bursary programme, it encourages students to take up courses in certain fields of study.
For the academic session 2022-23, ERM bursaries will be awarded to postgraduate students pursuing education in the following fields of study:
- Earth Science
- Natural Sciences
- Engineering Economics
- Social Sciences
But fields outside of the ones mentioned above may also be eligible.
The selection procedure for the bursary consists of the review of academic performance, current field of study, and essay writing skills. All the applicants would have to write an essay on one of the following topics:
- Capital Project Delivery
- Topics 1 – Development of landscape-focused strategies – stakeholder partnerships, challenges and dynamics of these partnerships
- Topic 2 – EIA regulations and their significance for sustainable development
- Topic 3 – waste management improvement strategies in South Africa
- Operational Performance
- Topic 4 – Practices companies and investors can adopt to improve their ESG performance and contribute to the COP26 goals
- Topic 5 – Integration of ESG risks into risk management in companies
- Topic 6 – Low Carbon Economy Transitions (LCET) and the strategies and tools businesses and governments should use to navigate the transition from fossil fuels to address climate change
- Liability Portfolio Management and Remediation
- Topic 7 – Environmental risks to investigate as part of the process to decommission a coal mine to achieve net zero carbon emission
- Topic 8 – Possible environmental risks and low carbon solutions for consideration during redevelopment of an oil refinery/depot
As part of the bursary agreement, selected students would have to enter into an agreement with ERM and get it reviewed each quarter. This should be in line with the academic results of the student.
** OTHER RELATED BURSARIES **
* View our other available listing.
* View our other
Eligibility Criteria For The ERM Bursary
There are certain eligibility requirements for the ERM bursary programme. Everyone applying for the funding must fulfill all of the following criteria to be considered. Failing to do so will result in the cancellation of your application. Therefore always cross-check with the following requirements before applying:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must have completed an undergraduate qualification successfully
- Must not be currently working and receiving compensation for it
- Must be willing to pursue a postgraduate qualification
- Must be willing to study at a recognised university in South Africa
Fulfilling all the criteria, however, doesn’t guarantee funding. It’s a merit-based bursary programme, and deserving students will be awarded first. The list of bursars published by ERM South Africa will be considered final.
How to Apply For The ERM Bursary?
Eligible students should move forward with the application process and apply for the bursary. It’s an online process and shouldn’t take more than an hour to complete. However, you need to spend more time focusing on the essay.
To get started, you must submit the EMR Bursary Online Application Form.
Review the page and click on “Apply” to start completing the form. You can fill out the information manually or upload your resume to autofill. Then, submit the following documents along with the online application:
- Updated CV
- ID documents (certified copies)
- Latest results transcript
- An essay on one of the aforementioned topics within 3000 words with Plagiarism Detection on the cover page
Upload all the documents in PDF format and submit your application.
The Environmental Resources Management Bursary application is currently open, and the last date to apply for it is 10 December Annually
For more information on the bursary, contact the following phone numbers:
- Cape Town branch – 021 681 5400
- Johannesburg – 011 798 4300
- Durban – 031 265 0033
If the bursary has already been closed, please do not make any queries if the bursary is closed. View our other bursaries open for application here:Science Bursaries