DivisionRosebank College BraamfonteinBusiness UnitAcademic Teaching & LearningMinimum experienceEntry LevelCompany primary industryEducation ManagementJob functional areaEducation
Performs routine clerical duties to assist the Information Specialist and thereby provides a quality service to the Students.
Key Performance areas:
- Assist in running of circulation desk (issuing, renewal & returning of book loans) Daily handling of newspapers (including scanning and clippings)
- Daily handling of journals Daily shelf reading
- Check that all equipment (computers, printer, copier) are functional Assist in updating of notice boards
- Assist in preparing and mounting library displays Assist students with using computers
- Help students with OPAC searches
- Ensure that library in neat and professional at all times
- Provides clerical support to the Librarian e.g. photocopying handouts, helping during workshops, checking subject guides and database worksheets
- In addition to these typical duties, may perform other duties as assigned and required.
- Graduate with a Library and Information Science Qualification
- Experience Minimum of 1 year working experience in relevant field, preferably academic library