ABSA Fellowship Programme
The ABSA Fellowship programme provides bursary support to top-performing students as they pursue their qualifications. Moreover, ABSA considers the programme as more than just providing bursary or scholarship assistance. Beneficiaries are expected to be active participants in molding communities, promoting sustainability, and bringing possibilities to life in the most non-traditional way.
Moreover, successful candidates will have an opportunity to gain full-time employment at ABSA upon completion of their degree in any of the following fields of study:
- Creative Arts
- Humanities (Social Sciences)
- Digital or Data Design
The ABSA Fellowship Programme will cover the following school-related expenses:
- Full tuition coverage
- Textbooks and educational tools
- Meal allowance
- Monthly stipend
The Amalgamated Banks of South Africa (ABSA) group was born when four of South Africa’s leading banks joined forces in 1991 and became part of the Barclays Bank Group in 2005. The bank is active in 12 countries across the continent. The bank also has an international presence in London and New York.
ABSA offers personal, business and retail/corporate banking services. The group is actively involved in the economic development of the countries in which it operates. This includes supporting and empowering its clients, removing obstacles for clients to access secure, efficient transactions as well as credit and insurance solutions.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
In order to qualify for consideration, candidates must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements:
- A South African citizen between 18 to 25 years of age
- Completed Matric
- Pursuing qualification at recognized South African university
- Achieved an average of 65% or higher in matric
- An incoming first year student intending to pursue any of the above-mentioned fields of study
- Undergraduate students pursuing any of the prescribed studies
How to Apply and Application Details
Eligible candidates who wish to apply will need to register an account on ABSA’s recruitment page. Click here to get started.
Before applying, students must first register and login to the account they have created. Apart from this, student applicants must submit copies of supporting documentation including:
- A certified copy of an ID document.
- A certified copy of their Matric.
- A certified copy of their complete tertiary academic record.
- An original copy of their Curriculum Vitae.
These are requirements. If any of these aren’t submitted along with the online form, the student’s application might get disregarded.
No deadline for submission of applications has been set as of this posting.
Address: 3rd Floor Absa Towers East 170 Main Street Johannesburg Gauteng Province 2001 South Africa
Tel: 011 501-5089